Saturday 19 August 2006

Illustration Friday - 'Match'


Here is a picture which features not only a fountain with matching birds on the side, but also matching fish floating around somewhere in the ether. So you should be feeling really 'well-matched'.

Terrible jokes aside, I've just submitted the draft for my dissertation to my tutor. I'm within the permitted word count by three words (or else they start deducting marks!), so I'm severely hoping he doesn't want me to add to it. If he looks very carefully, he'll see that I'm a really sad individual who does this sort of thing on a Saturday night when everyone else is out enjoying themselves.

I'm off to do some drorin tomorrow, though, and that's what I REALLY DO!

11 comments:

ValGalArt said...

Har! yer not the only one babe! This is beautiful!!! Love it!

the enigma said...

really beautiful, i admire the intricate drawing and the colors..

Cathy said...

Thanks guys!

Amy Zaleski said...

Another beautiful piece. Truly amazing!

Jess said...

Beautiful!!!

TaraLarsenChang said...

Quite like this one (as another 'sad' sort who is working in the studio on Saturday nights of late...)

Lee said...

are those puflet's cousins there on the vase?...beautifully done as always, good luck with the dissertation...congrats on getting it in!

Cathy said...

Very clever of you to spot the relations there, Lee - Puflet has lots of cousins, neighbours and friends who feature strongly in my work. By and by you'll get to met them all!

Toni said...

winnyyyHi Cas,

this is so beautiful! Love the design and colors and everything. Hope all is well with you.

georg said...

HI - I love your style, and "match" is one more great image - thanks for the look

Gretel said...

Quite gorgeous...and the other one too...