Thursday 28 August 2008

Frogg he would a-wooing go ... 21st century style ...

Mervyn's friend, Selwyn Frogg, has decided to find himself a new lady friend. Not for him a traditional courtship involving flowers, chocolates and the like ... here's his Internet Dating Advertisement:

Name: Selwyn Frogg
Age: Secret
Height: Depends if I'm stretched out or not
Hair colour: No hair, but my skin is beautifully marked and shades of green
Eye colour: Sort of frog colour

Likes: The slime at the bottom of ponds, flies and worms, lilypads
Dislikes: Herons and grass snakes
Hobbies: Hop-stepping and jumping, morris dancing

Personal statement:

We frogs feature in many a fairy story with a happy ending - so don't be shy, girls!
I txt msged four characters to see if they could sum me up in a few words. They were:

a) My wife (she used to be a princess, you know!)
b) My best mate, Mervyn
c) Just dialling at random
d) My mother

The responses I got were, respectively:

a) Who the **** are you?
b) You're my besshhst mate ... hic ...
c) Who the **** are you?
d) Who the **** are you?

So who could resist that?

Remember, girls, if you want to find Prince Charming you've got to kiss Frogg a lot!

2 comments:

Selwyn Frogg said...

Is this supposed to be funny?

I'll have you know that my natural inclination to hop everywhere has meant that every morris side near Berkhamsted has asked me to join them.

Mervyn and I go back a long way. All the way to 'The Pig and Whistle'. One of my fondest memories is when we were arrested for drunken driving in an amphibious truck back in 1952.

Vickie said...

That's real funny. I love your drawing. You have a great style.