Monday 13 March 2006

Illicit recording in the news AGAIN!!!!

This is Sir Ian Bear, the Chief Police Commissioner (he was on the Today programme on Radio 4 this morning). As you can see, he is one of our 'boys in blue'. He is in a lot of trouble for secretly recording his own phone calls with other people.

He can explain everything, though. 'I just can't believe some of the things I'm hearing. So I have to tape the phone calls so's I can play them back later to make sure I really heard what I thought I heard. For example, someone has recently tried to ban 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' on account of it being offensive. They haven't tried to ban Eminem, though. And recently the Chief of Police taped a phone call to the Home Secretary on the very subject of phone tapping. Can you believe that?'

In defence of Sir Ian, though, Puflet would like to point out that he has some difficulty in hearing at all, on account of having cloth ears. Very nice, furry cloth, but cloth nonetheless. And he likes to wear his helmet in the bath.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

How very useful to were your helmet in the bath. Did Padingtons hat not save his life will having a bath and from that day on he would not take a bath without it.

Joanna said...

Hopefully we are going to see the watercolour exhibition at the weekend. I will keep an eye out for your paintings!

Cathy said...

Thanks Joanna!

I hope you like them in the flesh -in any case, this is a really wonderful exhibition. I haven't been yet, but a friend reckons it's even better than last year's.