Thursday 3 April 2008

Motor Skills

I bought a new car today. Well, new to me anyway. I'd had the previous one for nine years and was very sorry to let it go, but it had got to the stage where the annual garage bills were more than the motor itself was worth.

So I got a new one. I went to pick it up on Tuesday. It wasn't ready. I went back to pick it up today. Purchase went through on my card OK - halleluia! - and I drove it back. Very trepidatiously, on account of the clutch and brake behaving differently to the old one, and got home with only slightly frayed nerves.

I'd been at home for about 10 minutes when there was a knock at the door, and someone who was visiting a neighbour owned up to just having hit MY NEW CAR!!!
AND I'D HAD IT FOR LESS THAN HALF AN HOUR!!! She said she didn't know how it had happened, and I was very good and didn't tell her, and after frothing at the mouth and rolling my eyes in a maniacal fashion I did thank her for owning up ... but .. fffruuuuuegh ...

This is too much excitement for one day, and I think I'll go to sleep soon ...

5 comments:

Ces said...

Oy yayayay. I would have been frothing at the mouth and bit someone's head off. You were very patient and gracious.

Chris.P said...

Flippin' ek Cathy. You must have been a real sinner in a past life;¬)

Cathy said...

I sometimes wonder about that sort of thing, Chrispy. I just hope it was bad enuff sinning to make it worth all the hassle!

Chris.P said...

I'd be more worried about your next life;¬)

shaky mouse said...

i could try and stoke the fires by saying an eye for an eye.. inciting you to let down all their tyres and dismantle their engine.. but.. imagine yourself on a warm beach.. the ocean sounds in your ears and the sounds of pan pipes nearby.. relax... relaaax.. :)