Tuesday 3 June 2008

Illustration Friday - Baby!



Eros, as featured in this piece, is only a baby god. According to Robert Graves, he was the most irresponsible of all the Olympians, and when you read all their shenaniggans ... well, they make my back garden look like a suburban backgarden. This piece is packed with other references to myths, too - you may already have spotted Icarus.

Anyway, this highly erudite piece is something to which you can append your own interpretation. Answers on a postcard, please ...

9 comments:

Chris.P said...

A real flight of fancy Cathy.

Connie said...

Wonderful style and a lovely idea. I could look at it all day (and I'd have to in order to get the full value). Great (up outside Edinburgh)

Ces said...

Definitely of Eros. I always love your black and white illustrations.

Gretel said...

Good god, is that what I think it is???

Cathy said...

Gretel - yep!

ValGalArt said...

this is amazing!

shaky mouse said...

very funny piece of work..

thanks as well for the encouragement. there's the possibility that i might be doing a programme called Raven next month, and there's a few other bits popping up slowly. my last day at my work was Friday. The hangover lasted until Sunday.

JEN said...

Hello Cathy,
Interesting image!! ;)
Reminds me of those medieval secular badges! ;)
How are you, m'dear?
Jen x

José Antonio Galloso said...

Very Nice