Friday 7 November 2008

Whoopee! I'm rich! Great News!

How many of you set your email so that spam drops straight into the plop bucket? And then go and check the plop bucket anyway, just in case something goes in there that you actually wanted to read?

Well, I was checking my plop bucket today, and found that I've won $250,000 on the Australian Lottery! It's all the more miraculous AS I'VE NEVER BOUGHT A TICKET! It's all obviously bona fide:

'For security reasons, we advice all winners to keep this information
confidential(VERY SECRET) from the public until your claim is processed
and your prize money remitted/released to you.This is part of our
precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of
this program by some unscrupulous elements,equally to guard against non
participant or unofficial personnel taking undue advantage of this
program.'

(I'm sure they'll forgive me for sharing this (VERY SECRET) information on here. After all, how could I contain my excitement??)

And what's even more reassuring is that my prize money is being held in an account in ... Nigeria!!! I've a good mind to go over there in person ...

2 comments:

Chris.P said...

This is great news Cathy!:¬) We must be joint winners!

Like me I'm sure you will be gettimg your bank details off to them as quick as humanly possible. And don't forget the sooner you send them the $500 documentation fee, the sooner they can speed your prize winning cash through customs.

I'll be in the Presidential suite in Hotel Acapulco, in Acapulco with two champagne glasses. I'll see you there and don't forget your bikini:¬)


ps can I borrow a fiver for a taxi to the airport?

Cathy said...

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe!!!