Sunday 22 November 2009

Happy Birthday, Dr Sketchy Birmingham!!!

Yep, yesterday, Dr Sketchy in the UK's Second City saw its first birthday. Here are some of the drorins what I dun:

This is Miss Suzie Sequin, who, amazingly, managed to hold this pose for ten minutes without that top arm move significantly. Short break, then arm goes back to the same place. Miraculous. Anyway, I won a prize for this one. And this one (Miss Sherry Trifle):

Another really amazing model, who didn't even seem to blink! With the most amazingly beautifully sculptural face. No prizes for this one, but WHAT a costume, modelled here by Miss Willow Blue:

The final pose actually featured three models, but I got so interested in Matt (aka The Decadent Gent) that the other two didn't really get a look-in! Here he is:

By the way, that was a birthday hat, not a dunce's one.

I really think I ought to mention Alex Hughes here. The last time I went to Birmingham Sketchy's he gave me a brush pen to try. It won me two prizes. Yesterday I couldn't find it; he lent me two more. It was these implements which were responsible for the above drawings. He didn't let me keep them this time. I don't blame him. I promise, faithfully, to order my own brush pens for the next one, Alex, and will have them surgically attached to my person so I can't possibly lose them between now and then! xxx

1 comment:

Ger said...

Brilliant! Love that free flowing style - I want to go to a Dr Sketchy session one day...if I can borrow your brush pens, Cathy!