Saturday 11 February 2006

Breaking News! Paintings from the Palace Collection to be exhibited in the Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolours Annual Show!

Anyway, these are the paintings they selected. The exhibition is on from 15th March - 9th April, and if you're in the London area I really recommend it. It's got a very wide range of styles, from really stunning traditional work to modern stuff that wouldn't be out of place in the AOI.

And I think there's something rather nice about pigs featuring in an exhibition in a posh gallery.

I hoped to put both the paintings in this post, but the layout won't really work, so I'll put up the other one some time in the next few days.


Have a nice weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Baskerville Hound said...

Congratulations! a great accomplishment and well deserved! I love the image, the colours are so pretty and i love the angles in your work-multifaceted yet delicate. Well done Puflet!!

Maya said...

Congrats from me too Cas!!!!!
:)
The pigs are delightfully dreamy...I love the colours you have used!!

Gail said...

Wow that's great Cas - congrats. The pigs are fantastic - such interesting patterns!;)

lorna said...

Fandabydozeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! Well done cas- not a mean feat, not a mean feat at all. I'm so pleased I'll be visiting it for sure. :o)

Gretel said...

Excellent and very well deserved! I'm so pleased.

ass2006 said...

Hi, a nice blog you have here. You will surely get an bookmark :) xaNax

Joanna said...

Thats excellent news well done. Its a lovely painting. I must get along to the show.

Cathy said...

Thanks everybody!

I apologise for my general lack of presence on this blog for a while now, but, in amongst everything else, I'm doing a part-time University course, and it's been taking over my life! I've got a bit of a breathing space now, though!

Cathy