Thursday 2 February 2006

We followed the cable to its source ...





As you can see, it was a grubby looking cable. It had obviously been there for a while.

Gingerly, we turned over the rock ...


... and found it wasn't a cable at all, but Mervyn's tail!




(Yes, it was still rather grubby, and had obviously been there for a while.)

'What-ho, Puffersh!' he warbled. 'Time to get up already? Y'know, I've been finding reshently that it'sh shtill really really dark whenever I open an eye. Sho what'sh a chap to do? Jusht keep going back to shleep.'

Mervyn tried to focus, without success.

Then he broke into song, of a sort. 'Forty daysh an' forty nightsh ... tempted but shtill undefiled ... prowling beashts about the way ... shtones my pillow, earth my bed ...'

And then - guess what? He went back to sleep.

2 comments:

Gretel said...

Ha, best place at the moment, all this cold...where's me rock...:)

Cathy said...

AAAAaaah!!!!

I ought to send you some bedsocks!

Cathy xxxxxx