Sunday 13 May 2007

New Look Blog!

I've always been meaning to explore the 'customise' bit of Blogger, which is quite good fun because you can change all the colours and stuff, and it's much easier to add links.

However, there's always a down side.

It's like with cameras.  I used to have a Samsung AF1050 Zoom.  It was brilliant - loads of manual overrides, you could take multiple exposures and do all sorts of messings.  This was in the days before I had Photoshop.  I lost this camera in a burglary, and it was replaced by the 'up-to-date' version, which had none of the versatility of the supposedly inferior one and I've never got on with it.  It was a great relief to get the digital camera.

The downside with this new, user-friendly version of the Blogger layout is that it won't accept the HTML which I used to put in to create the really tacky, hot-glittery headline which greeted visitors to this blog.  I feel rather put out about this, but I'll survive.

In the meantime, you might be interested to know that the headline is done in a font which I created myself.  It's called 'Herbert' and if you look closely enough it does indeed appear to have been nibbled by a hamster.

8 comments:

clare said...

Fabulous new banner to your blog, Puflet. Your handmade lettering is gorgeous, too.

Clare

xx

Cathy said...

Thanks Clare! I had to do something because I was missing my 'bling' one so much!

Lee said...

I love your new banner Cathy! so you :) nice Falafel plumes too, he's a cutie!

natural attrill said...

Looking good!
P.xx

Chris.P said...

Nice colours Cathy. Matches your eyes:¬)

...after a heavy night obviously!

Chris.P said...

ps excellent font Cathy:¬)

...I think everything should be done by hand;¬)

Cathy said...

Thanks, Clare and Penny!

Lee - great to hear from you - I'm still waiting for my go at the ducks!

Chris - well, what can I say, other than that you seem to be your normal self ...!!!

Gretel said...

Swanky nice banner! :)