Tuesday 1 May 2007

Putting together a REALLY LARGE rockery!



Here is a sort-of reconstruction drawing of Avebury!  We know very little about these people, which is why I've made my piece look a bit spaced out.  I have seen reconstruction drawings with really terrible figure work, which purported to be 'deliberately stylised, to show how little we really know about them'.  I felt that it was nicely symbolic that this piece should have been finished today, being Beltane an' all that, but I'm too tired right now to think of 
anything to put at the top.  In any case, it will only be a short paragraph - the end result of weeks and weeks of research!

And I see Blugger has ideas of its own as regards my layout - as usual!

Oh, and by the way, I've noticed that Falafel is getting plumes - I hope to put a picture up here soon, as they're getting more and more spectacular!




2 comments:

Chris.P said...

Fantastic work Cathy!

The quality of the main characters hands in particular sets you apart from a lot of artists.

Cathy said...

The HOD at Swindon once illustrated a book for beauty therapists, and has said he's very 'hot' on the depiction of hands. I guess I'm just very conscious of how I do them these days - I always was careful with the drawing anyway, but I have found that with a lot of my archaeological work, the hands seem to be the main focus of the composition!