Friday 1 June 2007

Cosmetics gone mad!


People on the web have been noticing that cosmetics have got strange ingredients in them, which, on the face of it, have nothing to do with their purpose.  Some are listed here.

Amazingly, look what I've managed to find!  The existence of a preparation containing roast marmoset and charcoal, as detailed in Elizabeth's Journal, does seem a bit far fetched.

But did you realise that you could get this stuff at Somerfield?  You might need to click on the image to see it clearly!

I'm not sure if it's meant to make you look like a meerkat.  Maybe the charcoal is to give you the dark bits round the eyes.

9 comments:

Paula Bowles said...

mmmmmm, get that sought after meerkat glow to your cheeks with new Meerkat Face Lotion! Woohooo!! Where's my nearest Somerfield??

Cathy said...

Hope you manage to find it Paula - it's that popular, it sells out the moment it get onto the shelves ... and the rest of us are just left looking!

I was so lucky to get this one, you've no idea!

Paula Bowles said...

hahahaha!! Maybe I'll ask Tescos or Asda if they sell ownbrand meerkat face wash? hmmm.....

Cathy said...

I think that would be a very good idea. How would you find out, otherwise?

Elizabeth said...

Goodness me - when I suggested that, I was picking something so farfetched that I felt it couldn't possbly exist. Just shows how wrong you can be. We don't have a Somerfield nearby. Will have to wait til the Co-Op bring out their version. Or maybe there'll be a Tesco finest* version - "Hand-roasted meerkat and slow baked charcoal".

Cathy said...

Hmmm yes - I think this one will really catch on, once the other supermarkets realise that Somerfield's cashing in like this!

natural attrill said...

That is just freaky............
Toby.

TaraLarsenChang said...

I mean, who *doesn't* want to look like a meerkat? Or rub roasted essence of it on one's face? Mmmmm....

I've been compiling old herbal recipes, which use nearly as interesting ingredients - although more vegetative in nature. Or dew collected at sunrise Beltaine morning by naked virgins... You know, typical stuff...

Cathy said...

Yes, there's nothing quite like Beltane dew, is there? Mind you, the problem these days is finding the virgins to go and collect it!