Sunday 24 June 2007

Following on from the 'Cars' post ...

I heard on the news today that there are thousands of drivers out there, ostensibly with full licences, who are actually NOT QUALIFIED TO DRIVE.  This is because they have hired criminals to sit their tests for them.  Some of these criminals have taken 200 tests, impersonating someone else;  apparently one of the reasons for this scam is that lessons and tests are so expensive these days  that it's actually much cheaper to hire someone to do the test for you.

I have several reactions to this.  Firstly, there are drivers out there with totally bona fide licences who are B****Y dangerous, and shouldn't be let loose near anything with more than one wheel.

Secondly, I am filled with admiration for the criminals.  All the blood, sweat and tears which went into me passing one test (I'm not telling you how many goes it took.  Suffice to say it took more than one.  And if you're supposed to have one driving lesson for every year of your age, I'd have been drawing my pension for years and years.)  But these people have passed 200!!!!! I think that's something of an achievement in itself.

Anyway, I expect some of these characters feature in my illustration below ...


2 comments:

janie said...

What, I can hire someone to do my test, where can I find these guys?
Only joking, sort of.
But you know, here in Ireland, you have your test, fail it and drive home and continue driving until the next time you fail it!!
Hows that for road safety.

Cathy said...

Excellent!