Friday 29 June 2007

Ignore no-mobile-phones notices at your peril; the coloured version.



This piece is actually for the Cheltenham Illustration Awards (thought I'd better make that clear, cos if I put CIA this may be misleading), and the brief was 'Cautionary Tales'.

Well, I finished the piece, scanned it and then tried unsuccessfully to print it out last night.  The printer obliged with the top 2" (approximately), and then printed out loads of gibberish, similar to those spam emails you get from Eastern Europe, on the next few sheets.  Until I removed all the remaining pieces of paper before it could get to them.

However, the noble printer obligingly obliged, this morning.  Then I heard there was a postal strike, so I ended up taking the stuff down to Cheltenham myself.  Problem is, once it gets into the postal system it could stay there for 30 years, for all I know, and there's no guarantee that this illustration would be relevant to future themes when it eventually gets there!

Though there is a lot going on here, and I dare say it could have tenuous links to all sorts of things ...

4 comments:

Chris.P said...

Fantastic Cathy! what a riot of colour. Good luck with the competition.

janie said...

I loved it in b/w but this is ab. fab.
all the best for the competition.

natural attrill said...

Lovely illustration, I really like the style of mark making you have, and especially like them in b+w.
Good luck with the competition!
Penny.

Cathy said...

Thanks for the good luck wishes, all! Rather than replying to everybody, they let you know the outcome by 20th August if you're successful.

So the only thing to do now is forget all about it!