Monday 17 August 2009

Illustration Friday - Wrapped



Our punk 'Dr Sketchy' model was wrapped in a strategically torn t-shirt. This was greatly appreciated by a bunch of 14-yr-old boys when she nipped out for a fag!

Actually I turned up with my multi-coloured sketch pad and discovered I'd left all my materials at home; the surface of the paper is pretty awful for everything except brush pen, so I did my drawings in pencil and then worked over them once I'd got home. I'm really getting into the brush pens - many thanks to Alex Hughes!

13 comments:

Brighty said...

Why can't I get brush pens to do this? I must have cheap ones. Lovely line work, and not a cross hatch in sight...nor even a slightly annoyed one.

Cathy said...

Not just any old brush pen, Steve, but one what kind old Alex Hughes gave me to keep when we went out to play at Dr Sketchy! What a gent!

Cathy said...

And Steve - your brush pens are too busy doing this sort of genius stuff, if you remember:
http://puflet-palace.blogspot.com/2009/04/shrewsbury-aftermath.html

claudine hellmuth said...

beautiful line work!

Indigene said...

Great and bold line work!

Hypervox said...

Wish I could do line work like that - I've never found a brush pens that likes me!

joseph's art and stuff said...

i hate to repeat , but great line work. been thinkin' about doing the dr. sketchy deal. appears to be worth the time!

justdoodleit said...

Beautiful! Such elegant and confident strokes.

Alex Hughes said...

Lovely pics, Cathy. Are these both done with that brush pen I gave you, or have you picked up some more?

Amy C said...

wow these are truly stunning, your drawings are wonderful

alex fine illustration said...

Nice lines. I'm a big fan of brush pens too.

carga said...

very nice illos,,,----I like both

Gordon Fraser said...

These are excellent Cathy! Lovely line work!