Tuesday 15 September 2009

This is what I dun at the Big Draw ...

I was masterminding a workshop on the theme of 'There were Ten in the Bed', ably assisted by The Surreal McCoy, and there were some noble submissions on this theme. We started off by just drawing lots of pics to inspire people actually doing the workshop ...


until we were kicked off our table because it was going to be needed for the Battle of the Cartoonists. However, it was not long before the Real Battles started in earnest:


There were some absolutely wonderful bits produced during this time, e.g.


and:



(Photos courtesy of Gerard Whyman)

Meanwhile, another drama was unfolding as the Battle of the Cartoonists was raging ... I won't go into this in too much detail, as a fuller account can be read here, but the PCO were joint winners with the following masterpiece:



And here are our noble lads:



Reading from left to right, which many of us do, are Pete Dredge, Andrew Bunday, Nathan Ariss and Clive Goddard. And massive congratulations to them all!

3 comments:

Hypervox said...

Very nice - especially the likkle kiddies at the end in the matching t-shirts, holding their likkle drinks and doing very bad "Kevin the teenager" impressions... ;)

Respek!

Next time, I'm turning up in my paisly waistcoat, lilac satin britches and orange cravat...

Tim Leatherbarrow said...

You floozy! Ten in your bed, where was my invitation?
Tim and his one man sleeping bag xx

Cathy said...

Tim - where were you when I was openly appealing for people to come to bed with me? Were you there on the PCO forum where you could have heard my plaintive cries? Nope, you were too busy doing stuff in your sleeping bag, leaving me to the likes of a dalek, a jellyfish, Bart Simpson (no relation) and a snowman!