Saturday 10 April 2010

Badger Windows - Collect the Sett!

I spent the early part of yesterday afternoon with a double glazing salesman. He was nice. The price was not. I raised one eyebrow when he stated the monstrous figure that was the 'List Price', before all the discounts come off. You know, for things like there being an 'R' in the month, Venus being in Capricorn, one of their reps belonging to a gipsy encampment just down the road, all those things. It was still scary, though, even when it had been subject to this kind of circumcision.

As it happens, I'd had some other double glazing thingies fitted a little while back, but these were at the back of the house where they wouldn't show. This would have been a crime against creation at the front:


So, today I went to a local firm what makes windows. No salesmen, no commission, no national advertising campaign. The proprietor told me they'd been around for 25 years, which I am prepared to believe as they were definitely there when I first moved to the West Midlands in 1987. I'd particularly noticed the name of the company - because they're called 'Badger Windows'. I felt that a subterranean mammal would be just about the most unlikely candidate imaginable for sealed, double-glazed fenestral units.

I suspect that the vast majority of their customers are humanoid.

Anyway, I will be spending the early part of NEXT Friday with a double-glazing person, too. This is getting to be a habit....

1 comment:

Chris.P said...

You would of thought of all tradesman, a glazing salesman's figures would be more transparent:)