Friday 9 April 2010

Here's a recent picture of me ...


This image comes courtesy of Bill Stott, and is a picture of me buying porridge for Tootsie. For some reason, he seems to think that people who feed porridge to hamsters rank alongside those who:

Wear kilts and false red beards
Spell "Dennis" as "Denis"
Train killer pangolins
Own hens called Cilla which are dead
Are chums with nude Harley Davidson owners
Pretend to be Clive Goddard

But, I tell you, it's perfectly, perfectly normal! And the hamsters love it!

3 comments:

Hypervox said...

You mean you're not chums with nude Harley Davidson owners? **shudder **

Nice cartoon by Bill - buying porridge for hamsters though? It's almost as bad as me buying pilchards for cats... er...

Cathy said...

Oh, Hypervox, I buy the raw porridge oats and then make the porridge (about a tablespoon full) in a little plastic pot. It is served luke-warm.

How do you prepare your cats' pilchards? Or can they get them out of the tin on their own?

Hypervox said...

The preparation of the pilchards is a long and convoluted process, involving strainers, leather mitts, homer simpson slippers and copious swearing - if I told you the full details, I swear you'd accuse me of telling porkies....