Friday 16 July 2010

Dear Agony Auntie,

My boyfriend of seven years is causing me no end of problems. All he's interested in is playing football with the other boys and eating sweets. The other day I tried encouraging him to come to the pub with me, but he got us thrown out. We went to the park after that, but he kept running away and hiding.

He sulks and throws tantrums when he doesn't get his own way, and though he's asked me to marry him, he seems to change his mind about this on an almost daily basis. He treats me like a mother figure, expects me to get his dinner and pay his bus fare(for example) and doesn't offer to help at all.

I think I'll be waiting a long time before anything serious develops here. Would I be better off finding someone closer to my own age?

Yours,

Prunella de Cougar (aged 19)
xxx

3 comments:

Tim Leatherbarrow said...

No, Prunella the wait will be worth it, just ask my missus.
Just a kid at heart Tim xx

Hypervox said...

Dear Prunella,

Patience is a virtue my darling - just wait. Once he reaches maturity, you'll be payed back in spades - just make sure you get a new bed just before...

Love Auntie

Prunella said...

Good thinking, both of you. Only a few years to wait before all those hormones start burgeoning .... warrrrrr!!!

Good tip about the bed, too.

Prunella xxx