Tuesday 10 January 2006

Puflet's views on Antisocial Neighbours

Well, the Government is pretending to have some initiative again.

My next door neighbour allows GROUND ELDER to flower, set seed and take over the Universe. Now that's what I call anti-social behaviour. Sometimes I sneak out on moonlit summer nights and remove the flowers before they become minor triffids. It doesn't affect him cos for he spends much of his time on Planet Zog.

These neighbours that Tony Blair is concerned about, though, saying that they should be banned from their own homes... maybe Gordon Brown's upset him (possibly by planting bindweed in his herbaceous border). Other people's neighbours, at least disruptive ones, are to be banned from their own homes. This doesn't seem to me to be a very good idea, because then they'll have to move into their neighbours' houses, which would be even more disruptive than just having them playing loud music and banging dustbin lids outside.

Anyway, I thought you might like to see some of the neighbours in Cloud Cuckoo Land. Would you believe they built the place themselves?



That's all for now ...

Love P xxx

2 comments:

Gretel said...

I've heard you can eat ground elder, which seems like a suitable punishment for being such a persistent nuisance. I'm not tempted though... and there's SUCH a lot of it in our garden...

GP

Cathy said...

Yes, I know what you mean - I felt just the same when I realised you could eat honey fungus. Since then, though, none of the little blighters (fruiting bodies) have put their heads above the parapet.

P xxx