Friday 23 March 2007

Travelling Sketchbooks



The 'Floating Ducks' Travelling Art Journal seems to have got stuck in the mid-Atlantic, so when the opportunity came up to contribute to the 'Real Illustrators Phrase Book', and I've got a couple of days before I can continue my researches and therefore my MA work ... I went for it.

Here's the result.  The text, if you can call it that, reads:

The bat was holding a fish. 'Bats eat fruit and insects mostly', my mother said.  Sometimes they swallow cars.

It's not my fault, honest.  That was what was written on the page!


4 comments:

Marisa Bogg said...

Hey Puflet,
I saw this on the R I forum. I dip in to read it everyday but rarely comment. I think your bats are so beautiful and stylized. It looks really great.

natural attrill said...

Lovely illustration, I like the way you can just about see the text underneath the blue when you see it large.
Penny.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Really great work !!

Lunabee said...

Totally fab!