Tuesday 2 March 2010

Dear Agony Auntie,

I am still on my quest to find true love and romance, and I therefore went on a date last week.

However, the gentleman I met carried on a fairly boring conversation, but insisted on miming to everything he talked about. To begin with, it was merely irritating, then it became downright embarrassing as he discussed how to shake cans of spray paint in order to ensure a smooth finish, and also how to test melons for freshness. How the other people in the bus shelter stared!

Now, dearest Auntie, when he phones me should I pretend he's got a wrong number, and reply in an incomprehensible Eastern European accent, or should I adopt a different approach and start taking classes in physical theatre?

Yours,

The Lady in the Cartoon on here dated 26th September 2008
xxx

4 comments:

Reg said...

Perhaps she should try 'Mismatch.com' - plenty of ideal partners on there....so I've heard.

Poobah said...

A poem by Poobah:

On Friends Reunited
Or Dating dot Org
You'll find your true love
(but prepare to be bored)

When cruising the wine bars
Or speed dating in Pubs
Don't drink too much vino
You'll get the Hiccups!

Lady from 26th September cartoon said...

Darlingest Poobah,

This is the most useful and caring piece of advice I've ever received on here. Romantic, too!

Are you actually a corgi, though?

Yours sincerely,

The Lady in the Cartoon on here dated 26th September 2008

Poobah said...

Don't go there lovely Lady.

Go here:http://give-a-blog-a-bone.blogspot.com/

All will be revealed.