Tuesday 9 January 2007

Coming out of the darkness

Well, here we are, with the bungee jumping and all the festive little characters living in colour!

Actually I'm going to have to play around with the colour adjustments a bit more, as these are much muddier than the original watercolour, which was nothing but sweetness and light.

This is despite the fact that I have only used process colours on this - yep, all the different hues are blends of process cyan, magenta, yellow and black. I once did a painting where I only used the pure colours, e.g. purples were made by overlaying red cross-hatching over blue cross-hatching. The painting is smaller than A4, but it took WEEKS. Haven't tried it since - had to be a reason why the technique's never caught on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! & I WANNA MEET THAT BUNGEE GUY!! X

Joanna said...

The colours look lovely and bright to me. I paint all my pictures by laying up a slight varaition to the printing primarys. I use perminant purple though to get the shadows not black and I have just started to use my second favourite blue monestral blue.