Sunday 12 July 2009

Sadly, this is the last farewell to Falafel



I went to take Flaf out for his usual runaround last night, but he didn't come out of his nest when called, and when I went to pick him up he was totally paralysed in his front limbs, and had very little movement in his rear ones. He looked totally pitiful, and when I'd finally found a vet which was open on a Sunday ... they said the kindest thing would be to let him go. I stayed with him while they did it, and brought him home to bury him. I'm going to miss him so much. I think you need to have owned one of these little critters to realise how much they get to you.

Above is a pic of him as a youngster, making friends with a tea cosy.

7 comments:

Steve Bright said...

Cathy, that's so sad. Thanks for posting the picture. I'm very sorry to hear this - I know how much our furry friends can grow on us. I shall be especially nice to my cat tomorrow, even if it will confuse the heck out of him.

x

Cathy said...

Thanks Steve - I'm still reeling a bit, I'm afraid.

Yes, do be nice to your cat, even if it does make him think he's left home!

Hypervox said...

Sorry to hear of you loss Cathy. Been through the same my self with Elephant, Harry & Remus, and I expect very soon with Roly...

Yes, they are all hamsters - my little girl has a thing about them!

Gretel said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry Cathy. He was much appreciated in his little life, and made us laugh. Which is not a bad achievement for a hamster.

Cathy said...

Thanks, Gretel and Shaun. I will be getting another hamster, but not just yet.

I'm getting my head round the idea of a hamster called 'Elephant' - wonderful!!

Chris.P said...

I'm sorry to hear this news Cathy. At least Falafel had as happy a life as a hamster could have, with you as its owner.

Amy C said...

oh he looks so cute, I totally understand how you must feel, I have had three cute hamsters they are such sweet fluffy little pals.