Monday 27 July 2009

This is what I went and won at Dr Sketchy:


This was in recognition of 'Rouge Rum's equine connections, and is a rather fine helium balloon who has since taken up residence on my ceiling. Because she is supposed to be a murderous mare, I also won a copy of 'The World's Greatest Trials', and then noticed that this worthy volume is penned by a gentleman by the name of Tim Healey. I know Tim from another life; not only is he the son of The Rt Hon Dennis Healey, but he is also involved with The Oxford Waits, a bunch of musicians who play at early music and folk festivals. Last time I saw him we had an in-depth discussion about the perils of eating custard. It's very dangerous stuff.

The other thing I won, after my rendition of Scarlet Fever, was the following cyberman:


He's actually properly articulated like a lay figure, which is useful because when I next need to draw a cyberman, all I need do is put him in the appropriate pose, which will save me the trouble of walking the streets looking for one to pose for me.

Alex Hughes won one of these, too.

3 comments:

Chris.P said...

What a good haul Cathy.

The Cyberman looks, erm...dalektable? :¬)

Tim Leatherbarrow said...

Dont forget if the cyberman starts getting a little too cybermanish, rub gold in his chest grill,always works for the Doctor.
Tim Who xxx

Royston Robertson said...

These days, Cybermen tend to say "Delete! Delete!" a lot. So it's probably best if you don't perch him on top of your CDs!