Wednesday 5 September 2007

Propaganda Machine



Falafel is a master of spin, and here's a picture of his propanda machine.  I thought you might be interested to see how his merry-go-round of a life actually functions.   Actually, he's in the bath at the moment.  
When I say this, I hasten to add that the bath hasn't actually got any water 
in it right now, but it does have his toys and things to play with while his storage crate is being cleaned out.  When I say storage crate, this is because he lives in a customised one rather than a cage.  He doesn't really do cages. Not the way they're meant to be done;  he would cheerfully spend all night gnawing on the bars given half a chance.

I don't use sawdust in his crate because it gets stuck in his long plumes;  shredded paper is much better, and this is a very good way to use sensitive information which might be useful to people who want to steal my identity.  If they really want to go through my bins and then stick together bits of paper generously laced with hamster wee ... well they're nearly as mad as I am, and are probably entitled to my identity.  I also found it was a strangely symbolic use of old tax returns.

2 comments:

ELizabeth said...

It looks like his wheel ought to be spun at 33 1/3 for optimum enjoyment - do you know whether he keeps track of his speeds ?

Cathy said...

I think his tracks are very important to him, actually. You see him 'scent-marking' in the same place every day!