Thursday 20 September 2007

This is what I've been doing today



I can't claim credit for the concept of being addicted to cold turkey;  no, that accolade belongs to a mad, bald Geordie with a blue Vauxhall Astra (with a guitar in the back).  The rest of it's mine, all mine though!

Apart from that, I've been preparing for an interview as an Occupational Therapy Technical Instructor.  They wanted me to prepare a timetable of activities for patients - who would be people with mental health problems, in an acute ward.  I sent my ideas to a friend of mine, who has lots of experience of this sort of thing (as an OT rather than a patient), for feedback.

One of my proposed items is spiritual practice, but by means of guided meditation rather than Bible readings, which aren't likely to be very helpful to any non-Christians or atheists.  She also pointed out that you never know how many Jesus Christs you'd already have in the room anyway!  

I'd forgotten how surreal working with this client group can be!

1 comment:

natural attrill said...

Like the illo!
Good luck for the job.
P.x